July 7, 2009
1:50 p.m.
Dorothea wrote:
It's a beautiful day today. The sun is hot and it feels good just sitting outside on the deck, being able to take advantage of its soothing heat. I can't help but look over at the hammock in the shade and the chairs in a semi-circle around it and clearly see family members, in my mind's eye, who sat there laughing and sharing stories only a few days ago.
The house and yard were bustling with activity for the past few days and it felt so good to be able to share that space.
I will never again underestimate the gift of having cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, spouses, grandchildren, grandparents, parents and those who are important in our lives, gather together to celebrate the past and share the present.
We have been preparing for this time for several months but could never have planned for the incredible feelings and emotions that come from a sense of belonging to family.
As I drove home from the airport after we brought Anita, Colette, Amelia, Kent, and Mom and Dad there to catch their flight back to North Carolina, I thought about age, change, and the passing of time. I felt so good when I came to the realization that we had taken the time to share time together. Not everyone could make it so that makes it even more imperative that we do this again.
We have hundreds of pictures to share coming from several cameras. Steve is working on a DVD for each of you. Looking through the pictures recreated some very special moments and also showed times we didn't even know occurred. It's an emotional experience to look at them and reflect on the time together. Thanks for sharing. We love all of you!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |

3 comments:
WOW! Fabulous photos! Everyone had a great time!!!! Thank you so much for your terrific hospitality!!!
Great pictures! Thanks again for letting us come up to meet everyone! I'm so glad that the rest of the visit went well!
Wow, what a great entry! The way you wrote this was a real treat to read! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment